Thursday 27 April 2017

C27 Chaos Beastman Carrion Man



I had a great idea of what colours I wanted to paint Carrion Man. Normally I don’t plan ahead, but this time I did and I wanted him to look something like a Lorikeet parrot:

 
 

What I didn’t realise was that to be able to pull this off would take considerable painting skills of which I don’t have. The worst part of the overall paint job is quite clearly the feathers on the wing. They came out looking like the Belgium national flag (albeit upside down)!




It’s always been my painting policy that when I start a figure, I never give up until I’m happy with the result. I must admit, I’m not too happy with how Carrion Man came out (I do like the blue skin however), but I don’t want to condemn him to a Dettol bath. I wonder if painting over the Belgium flag feathers in green would help. One to ponder over as I have started another figure already and it’s looking quite good.
Cheers
Jeg

No comments:

Post a Comment